Donovan Insurance Brokers - Property Insurance

property insurance banner

Are you buying your first home?

Set up a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable brokers to better understand what coverages you will need for your home. We have a number of personal insurance products to protect other areas of your life. Because of the tailored nature of these products, please contact us to get an estimate.

pair of hand holding a house


Home insurance is based on the rebuilding cost of your home. A package policy may include built-in additional features such as:
  • All Risk coverage on your house
  • Coverage for detached structures or outbuildings i.e. garage, shed
  • The full cost of repair or replacement without deductions for depreciation
  • Coverage for any additional living expenses incurred by you after an insured loss
  • Personal liability coverage
  • Voluntary payments for damage or injury caused by you or a family member
Many packages are available, talk to one of our brokers to find out more.

condominium townhouse


This policy is designed for individuals who own a unit in a multiple unit complex. The Policy:
  • Covers your personal contents on a replacement cost basis
  • Covers any improvements that have been made to your unit
  • Responds when the condominium corporation policy is inadequate and each unit owner is assessed to cover damages
  • Personal Liability coverage
Coverage for any additional living expenses incurred by you after an insured loss.

young couple signing a rental lease


Your landlord's insurance policy does not cover your personal property after disaster strikes. This policy is designed for those who rent. It includes:
  • Coverage for improvements you have made to your unit
  • Coverage for any additional living expenses incurred by you after an insured loss
  • Personal liability coverage
  • The full cost of repair or replacement without deduction for depreciation
Please note that university aged children who are renting accommodations or parent's in a long term care facility are covered. Please contact your Donovan Customer Service Broker to confirm.

middle age couple sitting together on a bench


You may have a second property that you retreat to on the weekends and for seasonal vacations. This location requires its own coverage for the building and the contents, if the contents remain at the cottage. As these properties are usually not in urban areas, they can be more susceptible to vandalism and break-ins. Be sure that you are adequately covered for such losses at your cottage or trailer including liability coverage.
  • Seasonal dwelling
  • Modular home
  • Vacation trailer
  • Seasonal trailer
  • Seasonal condominium
Many policy options are available. Does one suit your needs? Call one of our brokers.

young couple being handed keys to a home


Your homeowner's or tenant's policy covers only the location listed on the policy. If you own another property that you rent to others, it requires its own coverage. Remember, you probably purchased the property and rent it out as an investment. You collect rent to make a profit. If the building is not properly insured, you could lose it all.

The rented dwelling policy provides coverage for::
  • Building and detached structures
  • Landlord's contents
  • Legal liability
  • Lost rent after a claim
  • Loss of rental income