Are you buying your first home?
Set up a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable brokers to better understand what coverages you will need for your
home. We have a number of personal insurance products to protect other areas of your life.
Because of the tailored nature of these products, please contact us
to get an estimate.
Home insurance is based on the rebuilding cost of your home.
A package policy may include built-in additional features such as:
- All Risk coverage on your house
- Coverage for detached structures or outbuildings i.e. garage, shed
- The full cost of repair or replacement without deductions for depreciation
- Coverage for any additional living expenses incurred by you after an insured loss
Personal liability coverage
- Voluntary payments for damage or injury caused by you or a family
Many packages are available, talk to one of our brokers
to find out more.
CONDOMINIUM UNIT OWNERS INSURANCE PACKAGE
This policy is designed for individuals who own a unit in a multiple unit
complex. The Policy:
- Covers your personal contents on a replacement cost basis
- Covers any improvements that have been made to your unit
- Responds when the condominium corporation policy is inadequate and
each unit owner is assessed to cover damages
- Personal Liability coverage
Coverage for any additional living expenses incurred by you after an insured loss.
TENANT INSURANCE PACKAGE
Your landlord's insurance policy does not cover your personal
property after disaster strikes. This policy is designed for those
- Coverage for improvements you have made to your unit
- Coverage for any additional living expenses incurred by you after an
- Personal liability coverage
- The full cost of repair or replacement without deduction for depreciation
Please note that university aged children who are renting accommodations
or parent's in a long term care facility are covered.
Please contact your Donovan Customer Service Broker
SEASONAL PROPERTY INSURANCE PACKAGES
You may have a second property that you retreat to on the weekends
and for seasonal vacations. This location requires its own
coverage for the building and the contents, if the contents remain
at the cottage. As these properties are usually not in urban areas,
they can be more susceptible to vandalism and break-ins.
Be sure that you are adequately covered for such losses at your
cottage or trailer including liability coverage.
- Seasonal dwelling
- Modular home
- Vacation trailer
- Seasonal trailer
- Seasonal condominium
Many policy options are available. Does one suit your needs? Call
one of our brokers.
Your homeowner's or tenant's policy covers only the location listed on the policy. If you own another property that you rent to others, it requires its own coverage. Remember, you probably purchased the property and rent it out as an investment. You collect rent to make a profit. If the building is not properly insured, you could lose it all.
The rented dwelling policy provides coverage for::
- Building and detached structures
- Landlord's contents
- Legal liability
- Lost rent after a claim
- Loss of rental income